Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer by the Sea, Establishing Shots

From Miette

We live surrounded by the sea, here in San Francisco, and yet I can't remember the last time I even caught a glimpse of it. I might own those quintessential sailorgirl striped shirts from Gravel&Gold, but the only body of water they get anywhere close to is Mission Pool.
From Miette

So maybe it's time to hit the beach, get windswept, taste sea salt for its own sake, without caramel or chocolate. Rent a car, find a licensed driver (or if you are a licensed driver, invite a Miettegirl), or most magical of all, hop on the N-Judah.

I don't know if I can explain to native Californians how mind-blowing it was to me, a Midwesterner, that you can pay $2, and be taken all the way to the ocean. $2! I still forget it's possible.

From Miette

Lie on a blanket in the sand, forget that San Francisco is mere steps behind you, feast on fresh-baked bread and coffee/coconuts/toast (yes, bread & toast, the sea takes it out of you), and then, when you've achieved that glorious surfer hair usually only possible with Bumble & Bumble products, come back to the city, come to Miette, and gaze with nostalgia at our seaside-inspired sweets.



Summer Seas at Miette:
Licorice Pipes, Wax Moustaches, Red & Black Licorice, Pixi Stix giant & tiny, Peppermint Sticks, Saltwater Taffy, Sixlets, & much more to come.

No comments: